Monday, October 1, 2007

BEN TINSLEY: CHRISTOPHER BLAINE IS INNOCENT OF POLYGAMY AND BEING A SEX OFFENDER

Christopher W. Blaine, the amazing managing editor for Wham Bang Comics, is not a sex-offender or a polygamist. I swear.

The last blog that indicated he was both was intended to be satire in the same way Chris often satires or makes fun of me by saying I eat children or pistol-whip him when I’m feeling depressed. Like that.

Unfortunately, our art director Jason Dube, who didn’t know of this little running joke, read the last entry with horror.

Aghast, Jason emailed me, wondering why I’d hire a sex offender. OR, if I didn’t know he was a sex offender when I hired him, why I didn’t fire him immediately when I found out the truth.

The truth is this: Christopher Blaine is an upstanding citizen. He just doesn’t get his blog in by deadline sometimes and I get worried and have to fill the space myself. This time I tried doing so with a page out of his prank book. With disastrous results.

I won’t say that we won’t have satire here again, but it won’t be as far out as this last one was.

AGAIN: CHRIS BLAINE IS NOT A SEX OFFENDER. I MADE THAT UP.

If you’ll notice, the sex offender number on the sex-offender entry I posted under his name was 867-5309. After the lyrics of the famous song “Jenny,” performed by Tommy Tutone.

So … Sorry Chris. But if you’d post your blog in a timely manner I wouldn’t have been forced to get midlevel on your a#$...

By the way, Two Fisted Adventures #1 is coming soon! Watch the skies!

Sincerely,

BEN TINSLEY
Publisher, Wham Bang Comics

No comments: